Llangennith, Swansea, SA3 1JL
For more information contact Ms S Steinberg 07973 428177
Delvid Stables is situated on a 10-acre farm by the beach. A perfect beach house. 17th C converted stone stable set on 10-acre property. 2 mins from beach. Full of character & charm. Log burner. 2 bedrooms, upstairs sitting room. All modern conveniences. Gardens galore & private BBQ area. Sleeps 4.£775.per week For 4 people
£800.00 for 5 people
Short breaks: 4 day minimum at £135.00 per night
Long stays in low season available for monthly rates inquire
folding camp bed or cot available for child or guest
To download our booking form, click here<
The cottage is a renovated 17th century stable and sits at the end of a dirt track just a stones throw from the sea between Broughton & Llanmadoc
It has it’s own garden and barbecue area where you can eat and relax.
The owners live across the courtyard and have their garden behind their house, which assures your privacy. There is a fruit orchard to the right of your garden with a clothes line and fruit to be picked. To access the beach, just walk out your door, through our small field and then you are on the dunes. The beach is close enough that you can go in the morning, come back for lunch and go back again for the sunset without ever having to touch your car.
A better summer location would be hard to find.
As one enters the stables you are in the kitchen, which has a skylight and a large window in front of the sink. Although we do not have a washing machine or dishwasher, we have all necessary kitchen appliances Including a microwave. Swansea market is known for it’s local wild Sea bass, Salmon, Sewin, cockles, homemade Welsh Cakes, Sea Asparagus and salt marsh Lamb.Leaving the kitchen one enters a spacious open living room / dining room that sits under a sky lit cathedral ceiling, There is a multi fuel stove which can be used in autumn and winter, to augment the standard heating, there are economy storage heaters throughout the property. Please note that wood and coal will be charged extra based but best to buy some in your way down. Behind this area there is a large bathroom that contains a bath with overhead shower, a washbasin, a WC and a bidet. Guests should bring their own towels. All bed linen is supplied.Next to the Bathroom is the ground floor bedroom with a double bed.
On the second floor there is a minstrels gallery with TV, DVD and CD player, a computer desk with wireless broadband and a sitting area with a sofa and two comfortable arm chairs.
The master bedroom is entered through this sitting room. It is a large and light room.
It has a double bed, a small sink, 2 chest of drawers, closets, a rocking chair and a wooden settle.
Delvid Stables is located close to the local Llangennith village’s pub, which has an outdoor seating area and serves food throughout the day. Nearby, Hillend has a camp shop and a Café, Eddie’s, serving good quality food. There is a well-stocked country co-op in the neighbouring village of Llanmadoc where you will also find a good pub/restaurant and there is a Post Office /store/tea shop in neighboring Reynoldston. There are 3 fine restaurants on the Gower, my favourite being “The Brittania In Llanmadoc. A full list of restaurants and amenities will be supplied upon booking.
We are happy to arrange for some essential items such as milk, tea and coffee to be at the cottage on your arrival. Please contact us for more details.
The local area provides plenty for the active to do– walking, climbing, fishing, surfing, clamming, horse riding, kite surfing and sailing are a short list of activities on offer. The less energetic can enjoy lazing on the beach, reading, painting or relaxing in the local pubs. The City of Swansea and the pretty Village of Mumbles are only half hour drive away offering cinemas, theatres, and many excellent restaurants. There is an excellent old-fashioned covered food market in Swansea along with Sainsbury’s & Tesco’s who will deliver groceries to Delvid Stables for your convenience.
FOOD where to go and what to try during your stay.
Click any image to view the gallery in a slideshow.
Have special requirements? Call Ms S Steinberg on 07973 428177 .
THE CONDITIONS OF HIRE:
1. To reserve accommodation please check availability and then complete the booking form (download here) and return it to us with your deposit of 50% of the total holiday cost. Full payment is to be received 2 months in advance. If your booking is less than 2 months in advance please send a cheque for the total cost.
Upon arrival, any balance is to be paid in cash.
Please make cheques payable to Ms. S Steinberg and mail to:
362 Finchley Road
This deposit is refundable only if accommodation is not available. Telephone reservations will be held for five days only while awaiting postal deposit. The balance is payable 8 weeks before arrival.
2. The hirer signing the booking form certifies that he or she is authorized to agree the terms and conditions on behalf of all persons in the party, the signatory being a member of that party and over 18 years of age. Under no circumstances may occupancy exceed more than the maximum number of persons, as stated in the ad of 4 persons, unless prior arrangements have been agreed upon. Mr. Bodenham (The Owner) reserves the right to refuse admittance if this condition is not observed. In addition, he reserves the right to refuse or revoke any bookings from parties that may, in his opinion (and at his sole discretion), be unsuitable for the property concerned.
3. You are advised to insure against cancellation through your own insurers. Overseas visitors will need to effect insurance cover in their own country. If you do have to cancel your holiday, please advise us by ‘Recorded Delivery’ as soon as possible. We will make every effort to re-let your accommodation, however, if this is not possible, you will be liable for the full amount payable 2 months prior to the arrival date.
4. The hirer is responsible and is expected to take all reasonable care of the property. All equipment, utensils, dishes, pots and pans etc. must be left clean and the property is to be left clean and tidy at the end of the hire period. (Naturally, between lettings the cottage is thoroughly serviced by the owners.)
5. These terms confer upon guests the right to occupy the accommodation for a holiday within the meaning of section 9 of the Rent Act 1977.
6. All bookings are from 3:00 pm on the day of arrival and guests must clear the property by 10 am on the day of departure. (Please do not arrive early.) Guests are asked to inform of approximate arrival time 1 week before holiday let.
7. Whilst every care is taken to insure that our literature is accurate, we cannot be held liable for any changes or alterations that may occur, nor can we be held liable for accidents to guests or any loss or damage to their property.
8. A £250 bond per week will be taken in cash on arrival against damage and extra cleaning. This will be refundable 3 days after the client leaves.
SORRY NO PETS ALLOWED
To make a general enquiry about this property, please complete this form.
We typically send out our newsletter once a quarter, with special announcements as and when required. We operate a no-spam policy. Your details will never be given to any third-party company and you can unsubscribe at any time.