This partly restored Neolithic burial chamber is located seven miles south-west of Swansea in what now is known as Coed y Parc Cwm on the Gower Peninsula. The 6,000-year-old cromlech was found to have been in use for between 300 and 800 years.

In 1869, it was discovered by workers digging for road stone and was later found to contain human bones belonging to at least 40 people, along with animal remains and Neolithic pottery. In 1937 it was identified as a Severn-Cotswold tomb – a type of chambered long barrow.

Surrounded by a low dry-stone wall, the tomb forms a trapezoidal shape, and is accessed through a bell-shaped, south-facing forecourt, leading to a central passageway. Human remains were placed in two pairs of stone chambers leading off from the passageway, where they may have been taken after the corpses decomposed in nearby caves.

Contact Parc-le-Breos Burial Chamber

To make a general enquiry about this activity, please complete this form.

  • First Name
  • Last Name
  • Telephone Number
  • Your Message